Why India Should #Ban27Pesticides
Update| 13th July 2020
A Pesticide Action Network (PAN) India & PAN Asia Pacific webinar July 16 | 11:30 am India Standard Time | 2:00 pm Malaysia/Philippines
In May, the Indian government announced that it is moving to ban 27 pesticides that are linked to health and environmental harm. However, the agrochemical industry quickly moved to oppose the ban. The Indian government is set to decide in the coming weeks.
In this webinar, various experts will discuss why the banning of these 27 pesticides is doable and necessary:
- Relevance of the Pesticides Ban - Dr. Narasimha Reddy, Public Policy Expert and Consultant, PAN India.
- Hazards of 27 Pesticides - Dileep Kumar A. D. Assistant Director, PAN India.
- Pesticides Use Practices in India- Dr. Indiradevi P, Rtd. Research Director, Kerala Agriculture University.
- Agroecological Alternatives- Mr. Anoop Kumar C. P., Organic Farming and Horticulture Consultant.
- Advocacy for a Global Ban on Highly Hazardous Pesticides- Sarojeni Rengam, Executive Director, PAN Asia Pacific.
The webinar will also include a film screening of an excerpt of Young & Poisoned, a PANAP documentary on the effects of pesticides on children
Join us and help #Ban27Pesticides for a #PesticidesFreeWorld!
Register via Zoom, https://zoom.us/meeting/
or watch live via the PANAP Facebook page
We hope to see you there!
- Pesticide Poisoned victim’s group in Yavatmal launched website and released education materials
- PAN India Submitted Memorandum to the Standing Committee on Agriculture, Demands Critical Amendments to the Pesticide Management Bill 2020
- International Webinar on Pesticides Poisonings in India demands Syngenta to acknowledge liability of its product Polo
- Pesticides poisonings in India: Implications for business accountability and regulatory reform
- Third Annual General Meeting of MAPPP demands compensation and rehabilitation package for victims of pesticide poisoning
Agroecology AnupamVarma Commitee Report Banned Pesticides BAN Pesticides BRS COPs 2017 Climate Change Corporate Accountability Corporate Libility Delhi gas leack Draft Banning of Pesticides Order 2016 Fact Finding Mission Food Sovereignty Glyphosate Glyphosate ban Herbicide HHP HHPs Highly Hazardous Pesticides India Indian Tea India Pesticide Ban India Pesticide Risk Inhalational Poisonings Maharashtra Association of Pesticide Poisonned Persons MAPPP No pesticide Use Day Paraquat Paraquat Retailing India Paraquat Use is India Pesticide Management Bill-2017 Pesticide Management Bill 2020 Pesticide Menace in Yavatma Pesticide Poisoning in Yavatmal Pesticide Regulation Pesticide Regulation India Phasing out HHPs Plantation Pesticide PMB-2017 PMB2020 Roundup Tea Plantations UN HRC Special Rapporteur on the right to food World Soil Day Yavatmal Declaration Yavatmal poisoning